The Secret Formula for Long-Term Fat Loss

Back To News
Prev Next

Make the fruits of your labour last for the long run…

It’s the question on many people’s lips this January – how do I reach my fat loss goals without putting it all back on (and then some) in a couple of months’ time? It’s all fun and games when you can see changes happening, but sustaining weight loss for the foreseeable future isn't an easy feat. Statistics suggest that as many as 95% of diets fail, which doesn’t really seem like it’s worth the effort! However, we’re not here to tell you to give up on your goals entirely. Instead, we’ve got the secret for staying lean, for good. Spoiler: it's not a magic pill… sorry!

 The Secret Formula For Long-Term Fat Loss | Neat Nutrition. Active Nutrition, Reimagined For You.

 

Being Too Restrictive

Cutting out anything and everything enjoyable is only going to end one way: with a “screw it” moment and the consumption of everything and anything you can find in your refrigerator. It’s a total cliché, but by keeping roughly 80% of your diet as nourishing as possible and allowing yourself to indulge however you please for the other 20%, you’re far more likely to succeed. Your results might come slower at first, but it’ll be easier to maintain a healthier relationship with food and sustain changes in the long run. Similarly, you have to be realistic in the gym. How many workouts can you actually achieve without pushing too hard or burning out?  

 

Consistency

The fact is, if you want to make a real change you can’t just commit to it on a Monday, Tuesday and until you get bored halfway through a Wednesday. You don’t need to aim for ‘perfection’, just try to have some consistency with your diet and exercise regime. Add things to your life that make this easier – like having your Neat plan delivered to your door every other week to make sure you’re refuelling right.

 

Enjoyment

If you really hate your training plan or can’t stand another bland, meal-prepped lunch, it’s only a matter of time before you hit breaking point. We always preach that focusing on the things you enjoy - instead of the things you think you should be doing – is the best approach for sustaining a healthier lifestyle. Ask yourself: how can you move in a way that you love, and what are some great recipes that are as delicious as they are nutritious?

For those in need of inspiration, head over to our recipe index for over 200 protein-packed recipes.

 

Have a Reason

What is the reason you want to make a change? There’s nothing wrong with wanting to look better, but something a little more meaningful to spur you on will make all the difference. Do you want to have the energy to get through your hectic workday? Or to feel more confident in yourself? There’re so many amazing benefits to living an active and healthy lifestyle that’ll keep you from ever wanting to quit.

 

Support your efforts and get started with your Neat Plan now. Order your Starter Box for just $7.95. 

Get the inside scoop on Neat news, events, and more